Friday, May 18, 2007

My 50+ dollar [insert secret noun] conquest Part 3

Revelation:

Posting this series was getting a bit messy, especially considering that I was being a little mysterious. I can't continue without revealing what you probably already know.

Ready for the secret noun?!

It's the My 50+ dollar [LOGO] conquest. Yep, My 50+ dollar logo conquest.

So now, you're going, "huh?".

Background:

A few weeks ago, I came apon the bright idea of creating a logo for Painted in Pixels. Why I would do this is pretty much beyone me. I have never designed a logo before. :D However, I decided I needed one, so I started looking around the 'net to see what tips I could find.

Besides some really good tips, I found also found a rant from some random logo designer about the 50 dollar logo. The basic synopsis of his blog post and following comments was that no one [as in a growing company] should expect to get even a halfway decent company logo for only 50 bucks. Tons of thought, time, and work goes to produce a worth-while logo, and any logo design company charging just 50 dollars is most likely not extending such effort.

Hmmm..I took that as a challenge. I can't pay myself more than (or even!) 50 dollars to create a logo. Nonetheless, I can try my best to create a 50+ dollar logo. It's a conquest of mine; maybe I'll conquer by the end of the summer. (Just kidding, I hope to design my final logo before another week goes by.)

Bear with me, as I post my sketches and ideas. I'll even ask for your suggestions later on, perhaps. It may be a long journey...

G'night.

P.s. Has it occured to you that after hours of work, thought, and effort to produce a logo, I'll have no way of actually knowing if my finished product is better than those measly 50 dollar logos? That's a depressing point.


My 50+ dollar logo conquest :: Part 1 :: Part 2 :: Part 3

4 comments:

Andrew Hutchens said...

I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Anonymous said...

I like your road (saw pic below)....a LOT! :)

We have friends in OK...I think near Tulsa.

-Coie

Anonymous said...

i think you should post again...

Anonymous said...

I'm really missing your posts and especially you, Katie! :)
~Erin~