Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Canon Powershot Lenses

After reading Kristin's post this morning, I took advantage of some free time in the City and took a trip to Epperson Photo [caveat: they need help with their website, click at your own risk] to check out lenses for my (mom's) Canon A620 Powershot. Let me tell you, the atmosphere in that store is truly a photographer's dream. Cameras in boxes, cameras under glass cases, cameras above counters, cameras being handled by clerks and customers. Cameras that call you to touch them. They have a shelf of photography books also. I touched them too.

But never mind, back to the point. After I explained to the clerk that I'd like to see the available lenses for my cameras, we shuffled through product catalogs, found a compatible lens, and then--since I had my camera with me--we tried it on. Beautiful.

First, my camera needed an adapter:


Then, we fitted on the telephoto lens:

Epperson Photo also had the wide angle lens:











The only downside was the price of the lens, and the fact that I still know next to nothing about lenses.

The close up lens calls me most:









Someday. someday. (But then, maybe I should buy my own camera before I start buying lenses, huh?)


*stock lenses photos courtesty of B&H Photo, Video

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a girl after my own heart! LOL
I just love photography!!! My siblings groan when I pull out my camera and I just can't understand why. I only use it about 10 to 15 times a day! ;)
I'm glad I discovered this blog!!!!
Erin

Katie Marie said...

I'm glad you found it also; I just started it about 3 days ago. Are you Erin from YAB?

Do you have a photography blog or anything?

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am one and the same!
And no, I don't have a photography blog but I'd like to have one someday! :)
BTW, your graphic designs are wonderful!:)
Erin