Saturday, May 12, 2007

Canon Rebels and a Piece of Gum

Me [pretending to be serious]: "Dad, will you buy me a Canon Rebel camera?"
Dad: "How much is it?"
Me: "Only like $890..."
Dad [sarcastic]: "Sure...as soon as I get my next paycheck, I'll go out and buy it."
--
Little sibling, overhearing the conversation: "Dad, will you buy me something?"
Dad [wary]: "What?"
Little sibling: "A piece of gum."


---
Of course, my dad was kidding about the camera. I shan't be getting any new photo gear anytime soon.

But I did buy something else tonight. *squeals* I can't wait until I can tell you what it is!

6 comments:

Elissa said...

LOL! That's a funny story!

Anonymous said...

LOL Yeah, I think that's what my parents' reaction would be, too! ;)
Erin

Kristin Braun said...

*is impatiently waiting to see what KT got*

Hurry up, you!

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhh! Dying of curiousity. You're killing me. *chokes* *gasp* *dies*

Cruel Katie!

Katie Marie said...

Sorry, girls. :D You'll just have to wait. *guilty laugh*

ahem...and yes, it's just as hard for me to keep a secret as it is for you to wait. It's quite terrible.

Andrew Hutchens said...

*Wonders why you can't to tell us...*